23.4.18

🖤My Daith Piercing: 3 month update🖤


Before I moved, Luyela and I wanted piercings, to commemorate my time in Jacksonville. I have a helix piercing so I wanted to get something new, that’s when I stumbled upon daith piercings.

An anecdote on social media state that daith piercings heal headaches, but I don’t think it’s “medically” accurate. I’ve been to an acupuncturist and understand pressure points. But does it really rid all headaches? This really intrigued me because I get a few migraines. I’ll let you know if it prevents my migraines in my 6 month update.

I searched for more pictures with daith piercings online and I admire BVLA’s rose gold Afghan. Hopefully, I save up money because it gets really pricey. Although it is an investment since it’s gold. I don’t see myself changing my own piercing once it’s healed and the gold won’t irritate my skin.

Overall I love my piercing, but it’s the most complicating piercing to date. This is the first time I got hypertrophic scarring. I researched if others got the same reaction, and we’re all on the same boat. This reassured me because I thought I would have to take it off.

To rectify the keloids I do a salt water soak for 7min/day and a salt paste at night. Fortunately the keloids went down on my upper inner part of the daith. Never rotate or scratch your ear, it is my
guilty pleasure but I’ve learned to control myself. I also put tea tree oil on the keloids, never in the piercing.


What’s your favorite piercing? Share it in the comments below.

🖤Moxia🌙

No comments:

Post a Comment